What is it ?
The Community Development Committee (CDC) is the heart of AIWA.
The CDC’s role is to be the outreach arm of AIWA to learn about opportunities to help those in need in our community.
Following visits to see firsthand the work of various associations and centers, the ladies meet to discuss the needs. The needs can be financial, donations of items, or hands-on volunteering.
The CDC budget is funded by the fund-raising projects of AIWA, primarily the December Holiday Bazaar traditionally held at the Rabat American School.
CDC has reached out to:
- Centre Social Kariat for the Handicapped
- Salé Women’s Rug Co-op
- Association Nassr for the Deaf
- Mom’s Co-op at Benabdellah School
- Skhirat Primary School
- Ain Atiq Center for the Elderly and Homeless Girls’ and Boys’ Orphanages in Salé and Rabat
- Dar Taliba Center for Girls
- Boys’ Prison in Salé
- Rabat’s Children’s Hospital, Avicenne
- Centre Al Manar for the Handicapped
- Center Lalla Meriem
- Ligue pour la Protection de l’Enfance
- Association AMSEDL for the Handicapped
- Association L’Avenir for the Children with Cancer
- La Fondation Lalla Asmaa for Deaf Children, Rabat
- Training School for Young Women in Salé
To join CDC, please contact
Amina El Abridi at
Connie McDaniels at: